|Communication and Teams||21.03.2022 09:00 - 17:00 (Mo)|
|Communication and Teams||22.03.2022 09:00 - 17:00 (Di)|
GraduateCenterLMU Online Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
Effective communication has an enormous impact on our success in private and professional life. How polite, clear, goal-oriented is our communication, with our partners, supervisors, colleagues, in our (intercultural) teams? How do we lead a conversation? How can we give feedback to somebody without hurting him*her? How can we win without making the other person lose? These questions demonstrate that communication is not only an important topic but also a very personal one. Therein lies the difference to more scientific subjects: It cannot be viewed separate from the individual. And people are different and have their individual perceptions and communication patterns.
The online workshop will be a mixture of short theory lessons, discussions, individual and small-group exercises, plus role-playing exercises with feedback. Case studies will be provided by the participants to ensure that the scenarios are as realistic as possible.
- Background and principles of communication: The map is not the territory
- Communication matrix: Flexibility for more effectiveness with oneself and others
- Supervision: Positively influencing the relationship with supervisors
- Intercultural communication: Knowing about the difference which makes the difference
- Successful in groups and teams: The spirit of cooperation
Language of workshop: English
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.