|Designing and Presenting Scientific Posters||27.10.2021 09:00 - 17:00 (Mi)|
GraduateCenterLMU Online Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
Doctoral candidates often face the challenge to present scientific posters at meetings. The creation of adequate posters is usually not a matter of just a few hours. Special care has to be taken to adjust contents and design to a typical brief presentation in a poster session. How to make a poster attractive and scientifically correct at the same time? This is one of many questions that will be dealt with in this online workshop.
- Aims of poster presentations
- The anatomy of scientific posters: Vital parts and add-ons
- Preparations to be taken ahead of the creation of posters
- Evaluation of "suboptimal" posters: What makes a bad poster?
- The essentials of a good poster
- Participants generate drafts of important poster parts: Title, Introduction, Conclusion
- How to present a poster and how not to present a poster
Language of workshop: English
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich from the Life Sciences (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.