|Applying for Jobs in English||17.05.2022 09:00 - 17:00 (Tue)|
|Applying for Jobs in English||18.05.2022 09:00 - 17:00 (Wed)|
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates and Postdocs
In this interactive workshop the participants will develop a toolbox of techniques to make them more competent when communicating skills and strengths to potential employers – in the application as well as the interview. There will be a focus on practical communication techniques and strategies in the international context of study and work with special attention on presenting clear arguments. The key communication areas of the workshop will equip the participants with a range of techniques concerning writing, small talk, strategies for interviews and employability skills. There will also be the opportunity of simulation interviews and feedback for each participant.
- How to write an effective CV and motivational cover letter
- How to develop a professional profile for social media
- Typical conversation openers and responses
- Expressions and techniques for developing effective dialogues
- Master questions about strengths and weaknesses
- Describing your background, skills and experience
- Interview body language
- Awareness of your career values
Requirement: Please bring your English CV to the workshop in hard copy. For help in preparing an English CV, you can find a range of professional samples on LMU Jobline.
Language of workshop: English
Target group: Doctoral candidates and postdocs of LMU Munich (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.