Welcome to our online application tool!
Thank you very much for your interest in a PhD or postdoc position at the Center for NanoScience Munich. You can find detailed information about CeNS on our website: http://www.cens.de
Deadline: January 27, 2020
To optimize their application, PhD candidates are referred to our guide to applicants.
In order to apply to the program, you have to register first. For this, you have to enter your name and choose a username and password. You will instantly receive a confirmation e-mail with an activation link. You will then be able to enter your applications details. Attention: In rare cases, some email accounts will classify the confirmation e-mail as spam. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail after registering, please check your spam folder.
PhD and Postdoc projects
In your application, you have to select one PhD or postdoc project that you are interested in. You can find details about the available projects on our webpage: www.cens.de/careers/international-call-for-phd-students-and-postdocs
Letters of recommendation
For your application, two letters of recommendation (e.g., from your Master and Bachelor supervisor) are required. Please contact your referees as soon as possible and get their affirmation to write a recommendation on your behalf. Then fill out the tabs for referee contacts in the application form. Once you have submitted your application, the referees will be automatically invited to submit their letters of recommendation electronically. Other forms of reference letters (mail, PDF) will not be accepted. Recommendation letters have to be submitted by January 30, 2020!
Please note that all documents that you are asked to upload (such as certificates and transcripts of records) have to be uncrypted PDF files or .jpg files! After submission, a PDF of your application including all uploaded documents will be created automatically.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in either the field of physics, chemistry or life sciences
- either prepare for a Master Degree in one of the same fields to be concluded no later than 2 months before the start of the PhD project or hold a Master Degree or equivalent
- for postdoc positions: hold or prepare for a PhD or Dr. rer. nat. in a related subject
- excellent grades
- a very good command of the English language
- strong scientific motivation
- interest in interdisciplinary research
Timeline for the application round 2020
- January 27, 2020: Deadline for online applications and recommendation letters
- Earliest February 10: Invitation for skype interviews (only for with selected candidates)
- Earliest February 20: Invitation of selected candidates
- Week of 1 April 2020 (date tba): Interview workshop for selected candidates in Munich
- April 2020: Final decisions
- June-October 2020: Start of PhD or postdoc (depending on the individual projects)