Welcome to our online application tool!
Thank you very much for your interest in a PhD or postdoc position at the Center for NanoScience Munich. You can find detailed information about CeNS on our website.
Application deadline: February 8, 2021
To optimize their application, PhD candidates are referred to our guide to applicants.
In order to apply to the program, you have to create an account first. For this, you have to enter your name and choose a username and password. You will instantly receive a confirmation e-mail with an activation link. You will then be able to enter your applications details. Some e-mail accounts might classify the confirmation e-mail as spam. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail after registering, please check your JUNK/SPAM folder.
- Only complete applications submitted via the online tool before the deadline will be considered
- Always “Save” your application to make sure the data is stored
- Formally submit your application by clicking the “Save and Submit” button (last tab) once your application is complete
- Once you have submitted your application it is no longer possible to make changes!
- The maximum file size per uploaded document (jpg/PDF) is limited to 5 MB and should not be encrypted
- After submission, a PDF of your application including all uploaded documents will be created automatically.
- There are no application fees
PhD and Postdoc projects
- In your application, you have to select one or two PhD or postdoc project(s) that you are most interested in
- Details about the available projects can be found here
Letters of recommendation
- You must provide contact details and an email address for two referees
- Please fill in this information in the online application form carefully
- Once you have submitted your application, your referees will receive an automated email, inviting them to submit an online recommendation through the application tool
- Please contact your referees and get their affirmation to write a recommendation on your behalf.
- Make sure that your referees have enough time to submit the recommendation by the deadline (February 11th, 2021 at 12:00 (noon) CET)
- Other forms of reference letters (mail, PDF) will not be accepted
- Monitor the status of your recommendation letters under "Progress" in the "Application" menu
- Explanation for icons:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in either the field of physics, chemistry or life sciences
- Either prepare for a Master Degree in one of the same fields to be concluded no later than 2 months before the start of the PhD project or hold a Master Degree or equivalent
- For postdoc positions: hold or prepare for a PhD or Dr. rer. nat. in a related subject
- excellent grades
- A very good command of the English language
- Strong scientific motivation
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
Timeline for the application round 2021
- February 8, 2021 at 12:00 (noon) CET: Deadline for online applications
- February 11, 2021 at 12:00 (noon) CET: Deadline for recommendation letters
- Earliest March 1, 2021: Communication of decisions about refusal or invitation to the Interview Phase
- March 22-26, 2021(details tba): Interview phase for selected candidates (online)
- Mid-April 2021: Communication of decisions about refusal or acceptance
- June-October 2021: Start of PhD or postdoc (depending on the individual projects)