Welcome to the application form for the Master of Arts "Environment and Society" program at the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society, LMU Munich.
Please read the following application instructions carefully.
Before filling out the form, ensure that you have all necessary documents for the application. For this program, the required documents are:
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Copy of a bachelor's degree (180 ECTS points or equivalent)
If the first degree is not yet completed (i.e. you are in your last semester), please submit a document listing your expected graduation date. You will have to submit the degree as soon as completed
- Transcript of records showing a grade of at least 2,5 on the German scale (or equivalent)
if the first degree is not yet completed, the transcript of records must show the successful completion of at least 150 ECTS points (or equivalent)
- Proof of English language proficiency at the C1-level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE or equivalent)
- Proof of German language proficiency at the C1-level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (see here for list of acceptable certificates)
if C1-level certificate not yet available, please submit statement or proof of current proficiency supporting your ability to prove C1 within a year of admittance to the program
- An original argumentative essay in English, no longer than 2000 words (excluding the bibliography). Further instructions on the essay can be found here.
- A writing sample in English or German demonstrating research ability in an environmentally relevant topic (max. 2000 words). This can be, but does not have to be, from your previous study program.
Please ensure all diplomas are certified true and certificates submitted in languages other than English, French, Italian, Catalan, Latin, Portuguese, Rumanian, and Spanish are submitted along with a certified translation.
The application deadline for this program is 31 May 2023, at 23:59 CET (GMT+1). This form will close at that point, and you will no longer be able to proceed with your application. To successfully apply to the MA “Environment and Society,” make sure you have filled out all required fields, uploaded all relevant documents, and submitted the form before the deadline. Please note that you should receive a confirmation email when the form is successfully submitted.
If you have any questions, please first check if the answer might be listed in the FAQs. If your question is not answered there, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now! (You have to be logged in to start an application. If you have already started an application, you will find it in the menu at "My applications" after logging in.)