Welcome to our online application tool for the i-Target: Immunotargeting of cancer doctoral program.
Actual versions of browsers (firefox, chrome, internet explorer,...) are recommended!
For details about application please visit: www.immunotarget.de
How to apply for the i-Target: Immunotargeting of cancer doctoral program:
- Excellent master degree or equivalent in natural sciences. Excellent medical students having passed their first state examen (physikum) may also apply.
- Candidates for a master degree to be issued before the start of the program (October 1st 2018) may also apply.
- Genuine interest in science and high personal commitment.
- Proficiency in English.
- Two external referees.
- Application completed and submitted before the deadline.
- Availability for interviews in July 2018.
- Availability for employment starting October 1st 2018.
- The duration of the program is four years.
In order to apply to the program, you have to register first. To that end, you will have to enter your name and choose a username and password. You will receive a confirmation email with an activation link. After Activation click on "All Application Forms" and choose the program you want to apply for.
PhD projects In your application, you have to select the research area you would like to start your PhD project in. You find details about the research areas on our webpage:
Recommendations For your application, at least two recommendations are mandatory. One of the letters has to be provided by your direct (e.g. Bachelor, Master) supervisor.
Please contact potential referees as soon as possible. Please be aware that only fully completed applications will be considered
Timeline for an application round:
- Submission of your application via the i-Target online application tool, please note that applications will close on May 1st 2018, 23:59 CET
- Selected candidates: about 2-4 weeks later: Invitation to interview in Munich (optionally first contact via Skype)
- About 2 weeks later: Interviews in Munich
- After 2 weeks: Final decisions
- Start of PhD study as soon as possible (depending on availability of PhD position), but no later than October 1st 2018
Please take note of the following rules:
- You may apply with our online application tool
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applications which are not submitted will not be considered
- Application is free of charge
Applications will be independently reviewed by several members of i-Target. Based on academic qualification, research experience, motivation, scientific background and the letters of recommendation, candidates will be selected for personal interviews in Munich. Successful applicants will be offered a position to obtain a doctoral degree.
For detailed information about the i-Target program please go to our website: