The online application tool for the
was open from September 1st till October 31st.
The LSM deadline for submission of applications is the 31st of October 2023, 12:00 CET (noon)!
The deadline for submission of the letters of reference by the referee is the 6th of November 2023, 12:00 CET (noon)!
Please find the guidelines which can help you structure your application!
Please make sure you read the information on the above links, before emailing the LSM office.
Registration: in order to apply to the programme, you have to register first and agree to the terms and conditions. You will receive an instant email of confirmation with an activation link. Here you will choose a password. You must activate your registration through this link. Only then will you be considered a registered user and your details will be saved throughout your application for a limited time period of six months or longer in case of a successful candidacy.
- If you do not have an account yet, then please create an account and then apply.
- If you already have an account but did not start your application yet, then please log in first and then apply.
- If you already have an account and started your application, then you only need to login and click on "My Application Form" in the menu to modify/complete your application.
Programme choice: In the general information tab, you will be required to choose between two options; internal candidate and external candidate. For internal candidates, you are applying to the graduate school only, as you have already started your doctoral studies with a LSM group member before November 2023. For external candidates you are applying, not only to the graduate school but also and most importantly, for a doctoral position.
Please note: for the DAAD-LSM projects as well as for the CSC-LSM Projects, funding will be awarded to the top two candidates, and their selected project, respectively. Once more, these scholarships have strict requirements, please view here for details.
Doctoral projects (external candidates): during your application, you will have the option of selecting two doctoral projects, one major doctoral project (priority 1) and have the option for one alternative doctoral project of interest to you (priority 2) based on your interests and eligibility. You can find details about the available doctoral projects on our webpage as well as below. Please make sure you have done your own research on the topic you are applying for! The doctoral projects are available here:
Letters of reference: On the online application form, you will have to fill in the referee contact tabs and follow the instructions to authorize the coordination office to invite the referees to submit their letter of recommendation electronically, on your behalf.
Timeline for the application round 2023/24:
- Opening of the LSM online application system: Sep 1st 2023, 12:00 noon CET!
- Deadline for submitting the applications: Oct 31st 2023, 12:00 noon CET!
- Deadline for submitting the letters of reference by the referees: November 6th 2023, 12:00 noon CET!
- Invitations to the LSM interview days: around mid-December 2023
- Online interview days: mid-January 2024
For detailed information about the LSM programme please go to our website.