CALL FOR ONE POSITION AS EARLY STAGE RESEARCHER
We offer: Cutting edge research projects and training with leading experts in the field of cell therapy; employment contract for two years with the benefits of the EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie program with the possibility of earning a doctoral degree (PhD or equivalent).
We seek: Excellent scientist with a Master's degree or equivalent in natural sciences or related disciplines (such as medicine or pharmacy); practical skills in modern laboratory work, preferentially combined with experience in animal experiments.
Your profile: You must be within your first four years of research experience after completion of your Master's degree or equivalent; you cannot hold a doctoral degree (except medical doctor) at the time of recruitment; you cannot have spent more than 12 months within the past 36 months in the country where the position you are applying for is located (mobility rule); you must be proficient in the English language both written and spoken (proof required).
Project 3 (ESR3): Cytokine requirements for efficient expansion of peripheral blood and tumour-derived mucosal associated invariant T (MAIT) cells for ACT of cancer. In the Netherlands, Amsterdam, at Amsterdam UMC, Cancer Center Amsterdam, supervised by Tanja D. de Gruijl and Hans J. van der Vliet Application procedure
The two-stage application procedure will be carried out in compliance with the Code of Conduct for Recruitment and the Charter for Researchers.
- The first stage consists of sending your documents and filling out the required information within the application portal of T-OP by March 30th, 2023 at the latest. Please note that we will only evaluate fully completed application forms that are submitted via the application portal of T-OP before the deadline.
- Second stage: Selected candidates from the first stage will be invited for interview, possibly remotely, with the supervisors of the position.
Criteria of selection
1. First stage of selection:
a. Eligibility check carried out by T-OP management team:
- The candidates are in the first four years* (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree (except medical doctor).
- The candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment.
*is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle her or him to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
Solely the candidates that comply with the criteria of eligibility will be assessed by the supervisors.
b. Assessment of the application forms by the Project Leaders and their team.
- Quality of education (degrees and transcript) Education matching to the skills required
- Quality of research experience
- Research experience matching to required skills
- Quality of language skills
- Quality of references
- General evaluation of profile based on motivations and personal skills
- Experience of Mobility (geographical, sectoral, virtual)
2. Second stage of selection:
- Quality of the presentation
- General evaluation of profile depending on motivations and personal skills
Deadline for applications: March 30th, 2023
More information about T-OP: www.itn-top.eu