Welcome to the online application tool for the Collaborative Research Center "Waves to Weather" (W2W)!
How to submit your application
- Register online! After a successful registration you will receive a confirmation link via email that allows you to log into the system.
- Log in with your personal username and password on the LMU online application system, click on "All Application Forms", select the W2W one
and fill in your application form.
- Upload all required documents.
- Submit your application by clicking on the "Save and Submit" button in the bottom of the application site.
Approximate timeline for an application
- Submission of your application via the W2W online application tool until June 30, 2023 or until the positions are filled
- Starting date of the position depends on arrangements with supervisor (funding is available to start July 1st 2023)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. How do I know whether my application is accepted and complete?
Acceptance of complete applications will be confirmed electronically in the progress status box of your application. This is the case once all required fields are completed and the applications has been formally submitted by the applicant. Consequently, incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will eventually be deleted from our datatbase.
2. Can I apply via Email?
We only accept fully completed online applications. Written applications to the W2W coordination office will not be processed and will not be returned.
3. At which timepoint should I submit my application?
It is recommended to submit your application as soon as possible.
4. What happens once I have submitted my application?
Applications will be independently reviewed by several faculty members of the Collaborative Research Center "Waves to Weather" (W2W). Based on academic qualification, research experience, motivation, scientific background and the recommendations, potential candidates may be selected for interviews. First personal interviews may be conducted online. Interviews with faculty may be held in person, in which case travel expenses and accommodation may be covered by W2W. Successful candidates will be offered a PhD or Postdoc position, which is generally funded by third-party funds of the supervisor.