The online application tool for the
will be open from October 1st till November 30th.
The LSM deadline for submission of applications is the 30th of November 2022, 12:00 CET (noon)!
The deadline for submission of the letters of reference by the referee is the 2nd of December 2022, 12:00 CET (noon)!
Please find the guidelines which can help you structure your application!
- For applying to the LSM graduate school: http://www.lsm.bio.lmu.de/apply/
Please make sure you read the information on the above links, before emailing the LSM office.
Registration: in order to apply to the programme, you have to register first and agree to the terms and conditions. You will receive an instant email of confirmation with an activation link. Here you will choose a password. You must activate your registration through this link. Only then will you be considered a registered user and your details will be saved throughout your application for a limited time period of six months or longer in case of a successful candidacy.
Programme choice: In the general information tab, you will be required to choose between two options; internal candidate and external candidate. For internal candidates, you are applying to the graduate school only, as you have already started your doctoral studies with a LSM group member before November 2022. For external candidates you are applying, not only to the graduate school but also and most importantly, for a doctoral position.
Please note: for the DAAD-LSM projects as well as for the CSC-LSM Projects, funding will be awarded to the top two candidates, and their selected project, respectively. Once more, these scholarships have strict requirements, please view here for details.
Doctoral projects (external candidates): during your application, you will have the option of selecting three doctoral projects, one major doctoral project (priority 1) and have the option for two alternative doctoral projects of interest to you (priority 2 and 3). You can find details about the available doctoral projects on our webpage. You are open to select either/or an LSM position, CSC-LSM or DAAD-LSM projects, according to your interests. Please make sure you have done your own research on the topic you are applying for! The doctoral projects are available here:
- LSM projects (PI secured funding): https://www.lsm.bio.lmu.de/apply/pdh_projects/pdh_projects_daad-lsm201812/
- DAAD-LSM projects: https://www.lsm.bio.lmu.de/apply/daad-lsm-application/daad-lsm-application/
- CSC-LSM projects: https://www.lsm.bio.lmu.de/apply/daad-lsm-application/daad-lsm-application1/
Letters of reference: On the online application form, you will have to fill in the referee contact tabs and follow the instructions to authorize the coordination office to invite the referees to submit their letter of recommendation electronically, on your behalf.
Timeline for the application round 2022:
- Opening of the LSM online application system: Oct 1st 2022, 12:00 noon CET!
- Deadline for submitting the applications: November 30th 2022, 12:00 noon CET!
- Deadline for submitting the letters of reference by the referees: December 2nd 2022, 12:00 noon CET!
- Screening: till 12.12.2022
- PIs Review 12.12 – 21.12.2022
- Interview: 13.02 – 17.02.2023
For detailed information about the LSM programme please go to our website: http://www.lsm.bio.lmu.de.
Apply now! (You have to be logged in to start an application. If you have already started an application, you will find it in the menu at "My applications" after logging in.)