Before applying, please read the information below!
There are two different paths to obtain a doctoral degree at LMU Munich:
Individual Doctoral Studies
If you are interested in writing an individually supervised dissertation, please apply directly to a suitable professor.
If you are interested in doing your doctorate within a doctoral program, please apply via this tool.
Do not register before knowing for which specific program you want to apply.
Presently you can apply for the following programs:
- Doctoral Program in Buddhist Studies
- Graduate School Life Science Munich
- IRTG 914 - The Graduate Program of SFB914
- Research Training Group GRK 2274 "Advanced Medical Physics for Image-Guided Therapy"
Programs for which the application window is currently closed:
- Center for NanoScience (CeNS)
- Class of Culture and History/the Doctoral Program American History
- Class of Language
- Class of Language Education
- Class of Literature
- Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1064 Chromatin Dynamics
- DFG-Research Training Group 1733 - Globalization and Literature. Representations, Transformations, Interventions.
- Doctoral Program Clinical Pharmacy
- Doctoral Program "Environment and Society"
- Doctoral Program in Modern and Contemporary History ProMoHist
- Doctoral Program "Poland and Germany in modern Europe"
- Doctoral Training Program in the Learning Sciences
- Doctorate in Theatre Studies
- Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies
- Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies - Workshop
- Graduate School of Quantitative Biosciences Munich
- Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences
- GRK2338 Targets in Toxicology - Deciphering Therapeutic Targets in Lung Toxicology
- Individual PhD at Munich Medical Research School
- Oral Sciences and Epidemiology & Public Health at Munich Medical Research School
- International Doctoral Program "Transformations in European Societies"
- ITN "Comparative Genomics of Non-Model Invertebrates" (IGNITE)
- LMU Research Fellowships
- Marie-Sklodowska-Curie "IMMUTRAIN - Training Network for the Immunotherapy of Cancer"
- Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Initial Training Network "ChroMe"
- Mimesis: Munich Doctoral Program for Literature and the Arts
- M.Sc. Psychology: Learning Sciences
- Munich Graduate School of Economics
- PhD Program "Statistics: theory and methods for empirical modelling"
- Rachel Carson Center Fellowship Program for postdocs
- Research Training Group GRK2062 "Molecular Principles of Synthetic Biology"
- SFB1243 Cancer Evolution: Genetic and Epigenetic Evolution of Hematopoietic Neoplasms