Before applying, please read the information below!
There are two different paths to obtain a doctoral degree at LMU Munich:
Individual Doctoral Studies
If you are interested in writing an individually supervised dissertation, please apply directly to a suitable professor.
If you are interested in doing your doctorate within a doctoral program, please apply via this tool.
Do not register before knowing for which specific program you want to apply.
Presently you can apply for the following programs:
- Class of Culture and History/the Doctoral Program American History
- Class of Language
- Class of Language Education
- Class of Literature
- Doctoral Program in Buddhist Studies
- Konrad Zuse School of Excellence in reliable AI
- Master of Arts "Environment and Society"
- Munich Center of Machine Learning (MCML)
- Rachel Carson Center Fellowship Program
Programs for which the application window is currently closed:
- Center for NanoScience (CeNS)
- CoPILOT - The Graduate Program of TRR 359 "Perinatal Development of Immune Cell Topology (PILOT)
- Doctoral Program Clinical Pharmacy
- Doctoral Program Environment and Society
- Doctoral Program Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Doctoral Program Statistics - Theory and Methods for Empirical Modelling
- Doctoral Training Program in the Learning Sciences
- Graduate School Life Science Munich (LSM)
- Graduate School of Quantitative Biosciences Munich (QBM)
- GRK 2338 Targets in Toxicology - Deciphering Therapeutic Targets in Lung Toxicology
- GRK 2621 Predictors and outcomes in primary depression care (POKAL)
- Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences (GSN)
- IDK Philology. Practices of Pre-modern Cultures, Global Perspectives and Future Concepts
- International Doctoral Program Transformations in European Societies
- ITN Optimizing Adoptive T Cell Therapy of Cancer (T-OP)
- M.Sc. Psychology: Learning Sciences
- Munich Graduate School of Economics (MGSE)
- Munich Medical Research School (Individual PhD)
- Munich Medical Research School (Core Units) - International Health, Oral Sciences, Epidemiology & Public Health and Genomic & Molecular Medicine
- SFB 1064 (Collaborative Research Center) Chromatin Dynamics
- SFB 1054 Cell-Fate Decisions in the Immune System
- SFB/IRTG 1123 Atherosclerosis - Mechanisms and Networks of Novel Therapeutic Targets
- SFB 1309 - Chemical Biology of Epigenetic Modification
- TRR 165 (Transregional Collaborative Research Center) Waves to Weather (W2W)