Welcome to the online application tool for the Munich Medical Research School (MMRS)
The application deadline was July 15, 2023 for the following areas in the Ph.D. Medical Research:
Candidates accepted for the individual Ph.D. can start as Ph.D. students in the winter semester 2023/24.
In order to apply, you first need to register. To do so, enter your name, and choose a username. You will be sent a confirmation email to the address you have given, providing you with an activation link. After activating your account and filling in a password, you will be able to start your application for MMRS.
Attention: in some rare cases, some email accounts will classify the confirmation email as spam. Please check your spam folder, should you not receive the confirmation email after registering.
Minimum requirements for the Ph.D. Medical Research
- Qualifying degree (i.e. Masters, medical degree) in medicine, veterinary medicine, natural sciences, pharmacy, public health or a related field
- Proof of English proficiency (can be submitted upon acceptance, the latest after one year within the program); required levels are
- EU level B2, or
- IELTS score of 5 – 6.5 (5 is borderline between EU level B1 and B2), or
- TOEFL score of 87 - 10
- Strong scientific motivation, to be shown by the letter of motivation
- CV (Europass recommended)
- High school diploma
- Bachelor - degree certificate and transcripts
- Master - degree certificate and transcripts (if applicable)
- Letter of motivation
Specifically for the individual Ph.D.:
- Research proposal (max. 8 pages, incl. background, planned project)
- Curriculum covering the required 30 ECTS (17 ECTS in methods, 8 ECTS in conferences/summer schools/retreats, 5 ECTS in skills)
Please note that all documents that you are asked to upload (i.e. certificates, transcripts) must be uncrypted PDF or JPG files (max. 5MB)!
Letters of Recommendation
You will need two letters of recommendation to support your application. Please contact potential referees as soon as possible for confirmation, that he/she will write a letter of recommendation for you. Then fill out the appropriate contact details under the tabs "Referee" and follow further instructions. Once authorized by you, the MMRS office will invite the referee to electronically submit his/her recommendation letter. Please note, that other forms of recommendation letters (mail, PDF) will not be accepted.
When applying for the individual Ph.D. in Medical Research, one of the recommendations must come from the LMU supervisor of your Ph.D. project. It should state why he/she would like you to work on the project and how you were selected for the position.
The deadline for the submission of the letters of recommendation is July 23, 2023.
For detailed information on the MMRS, please see the website.