|13.03.2024 09:00 - 17:00 (Mi)
|14.03.2024 09:00 - 17:00 (Do)
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
Public speaking is a necessity in scientific life – and it is possible to learn what the success factors of a good scientific presentation are. Very rarely it is the quality of the research results that causes problems. More often structure, orientation and personal performance can and should be improved to ensure that you come across as a creative and credible scientist.
This workshop supports the participants in finding out what their strengths are and in developing their individual presentation profile. The participants will learn how to lead the audience from the first appearance on stage until the last question in the discussion.
- The preparation – what to collect and how to arrange
- Being aware of what's happening out there – "reading" and leading the audience
- Powerful presentation language – supporting your message
- Platform skills – for clear visualization and high creativity
- The "show" must go on – state control or how to deal with difficulties
- Question and answer session – what to say if …
Requirement: Participants will be asked to prepare a six-minute PowerPoint (or similar) presentation and bring it along for the workshop.
Language of workshop: English
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich from the Natural Sciences (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.