Before applying, please read the information below!
There are two different paths to obtain a doctoral degree at LMU Munich:
Individual Doctoral Studies
If you are interested in writing an individually supervised dissertation, please apply directly to a suitable professor.
If you are interested in doing your doctorate within a doctoral program, please apply via this tool.
Do not register before knowing for which specific program you want to apply.
Presently you can apply for the following programs:
Programs for which the application window is currently closed:
- Cell2Cell Innovative training Network
- Class of Culture and History/the Doctoral Program American History
- Class of Language
- Class of Language Education
- Class of Literature
- Center for NanoScience (CeNS)
- Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1064 Chromatin Dynamics
- DFG-geförderte Graduiertenkolleg POKAL
- Doctoral Program Clinical Pharmacy
- Doctoral Program "Environment and Society"
- Doctoral Program in Modern and Contemporary History ProMoHis
- Doctoral Program Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Doctoral Training Program in the Learning Sciences
- Doctorate in Theatre Studies
- Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies
- Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies - Workshop
- Graduate School of Quantitative Biosciences Munich
- Graduate School Life Science Munich
- Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences
- GRK2338 Targets in Toxicology - Deciphering Therapeutic Targets in Lung Toxicology
- IDK Philology
- International Health, Oral Sciences and Epidemiology & Public Health at Munich Medical Research School
- IRTG 914 - The Graduate Program of SFB914
- IRTG1123- Atherosclerosis - Mechanisms and Networks of Novel Therapeutic Targets
- i-Target: immunotargeting of cancer doctoral program
- ITN "Comparative Genomics of Non-Model Invertebrates" (IGNITE)
- LMU Research Fellowships
- Marie-Sklodowska-Curie "IMMUTRAIN - Training Network for the Immunotherapy of Cancer"
- Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Initial Training Network "ChroMe"
- Mini-Plant-Microbe meeting - Mini conference and doctoral and postdoctoral candidate fair for projects of a joint research program between the LMU Munich, the TU Munich, the EKU Tübingen and the HMGU Munich
- M.Sc. Psychology: Learning Sciences
- Munich Graduate School of Economics
- Munich Medical Research School (Individual PhD)
- PhD Program "Statistics: theory and methods for empirical modelling"
- Rachel Carson Center Fellowship Program
- Research Training Group GRK2062 "Molecular Principles of Synthetic Biology"
- Research Training Group GRK 2274 "Advanced Medical Physics for Image-Guided Therapy"
- SFB 1054 Cell-Fate Decisions in the Immune System
- SFB1243 Cancer Evolution: Genetic and Epigenetic Evolution of Hematopoietic Neoplasms
- SFB 1309 - Chemical Biology of Epigenetic Modifications
- Training Network for Optimizing adoptive T cell Therapy of Cancer
- International Doctoral Program "Transformations in European Societies"
- Transregional Collaborative Research Center "Waves to Weather" (W2W)